Tips to Create a Calendar
If you ever wanted to create a calendar that is bound with twin loop wire with a small half-moon punch out and a calendar hanger to hang it anywhere on the wall, then it’s possible to create such calendars. The essential supplies that you need to create such calendars are a twin loop wire binding machine, a thumb cut calendar punch, twin loop wire and some calendar hangers. Using these supplies, you can easily create your own calendar. Below we have mentioned some steps that can be used to achieve this task.
- Start with the thumb cut calendar punch equipment to punch the half-moon calendar cut-out in the document. Make sure you punch the half-moon shape exactly in the middle of the document so that the document can be punched successfully for wire binding in the next step.
- After punching the calendar with the thumb cut punch, you can use the wire binding machine to punch the remaining holes to bind your calendar with a twin loop wire. First, you might need to deselect some of the punching pins on the wire binding machine so that you don’t end up with a hole in the edge of the calendar or the edge of the thumb cut. Once you’ve deselected the correct punching pins and punched the calendar in the centre, you will find your document with two equal sets of holes on each side of the thumb cut-out.
- After punching the calendars, you need to bind them. Make sure you have the right length of the wire for the job or alternately cut down to the correct length from A4. There are several options to purchase the right length of wire, such as order the length of wire that you require for each side of the calendar pre-cut to the correct length from Bindingoutlet
Pre-cutting the twin loop wire can make the calendar binding process much easier. However, it is more expensive than cutting the wire yourself. So, if you want to save money, you can simply use a small set of wire cutters to clip standard A4 pieces of wire into the right lengths for binding. This is a cost-effective option as compared to ordering custom cut lengths of binding wire. Whichever way you choose, once the wires are in their correct length, you can start the binding process.
- Now, start inserting the twin loop wires into the calendar. You’ll have to insert the two sections of wire into the documents on either side of the thumb cut.
- After inserting the wire, it’s time to add calendar hangers. Usually, calendar hangers are almost the same length as your calendar. This is because this makes the calendar hang without sagging. Set the calendar hangers in such a way that the long straight sections set inside the “C” shaped twin loop wire and the half-moon part of the wire rests inside the thumb cut-out on the calendar.
- The last step in binding a calendar is to carefully moving the calenadr including the calendar hanger into the closing section of the binding machine so that the wire gets closed and you finish the binding process. This process of moving the book over without having the wire fall off the book can be tricky; you might need a little practice to get the hang of it. Once the twin loop wire is closed, your calendar is ready to hang on the wall.
This is the easiest way to create your own calendar. If you’re planning to create your own calendar, you can get all the essential supplies from Binding Outlet. We have a huge variety of binding supplies for every type of binding.