Tips to Choose between Paper and Plastic Thermal Binding Covers
Every person uses binding covers at one point in their life. For example, an employee uses it to keep the office documents safe and secure, and a college student uses it to keep the notes and books safe. But, when it comes to choosing a binding cover for documents, people often get confused about which binding cover they should pick – paper or plastic?
This is the question that you might ask yourself when looking for the right presentation cover that meets your needs. Generally, all the thermal binding book covers are available in two categories – Paper and Plastic. Both these covers have their own features and quality. In this article, we will help you make your decision easier by describing the strength and weakness of both paper and plastic binding covers with different options that are available for your documents.
1. Paper-based Binding Covers
Paper-based binding covers are some of the most popular products in the market. If you’re looking for an elegant and professional appearance for your documents, then the paper-based thermal binding cover is a great choice. Here are some things that you should know about paper-based binding covers.
- Variant Colours – Paper-based binding covers are available in a huge variety of colours and textures, which allow them to fit every need of an individual. Also, they can easily be matched with a company’s logo or colour scheme.
- Unique Variety – Paper-based binding covers are available in a vast variety in the market. Some of the most popular types are leather grain pattern, linen wave with embossed linen pattern, twill with a fine ribbed pattern, and metallic covers with a metallic look. Each of these varieties is available in multiple colours.
- Size – Some of the paper-based thermal binding covers are available in multiple sizes, that make it suitable for every individual’s need. Depending on the size and colour, you can easily choose a paper-based binding cover for you.
Many users prefer the look and feel of paper binding covers, but some people opt for the durability of plastic binding covers.
2. Plastic Binding Covers
Plastic binding covers are another option that most organizations prefer to choose for their documents. It’s not because plastic covers are less expensive than paper binding covers, but there are some unique features that plastic binding covers have to offer, such as:
- Durability – When it comes to durability, there is no match for plastic binding covers. Plastic covers can save documents from moisture, tearing and heat. That’s why most organizations prefer to choose plastic covers rather than paper-based binding covers.
- Style – Plastic binding covers are available in two unique styles. Clear plastic covers offer protection of the documents and allow users to see the printing on the front page. Another style is Poly covers that are made from poly plastic that has a frosty look to it. These covers have an embossed pattern like crystal, stripe, and sand.
- Size – Plastic covers are generally available in limited sizes. For instance, clear covers are available between 4mm to 15mm thickness whereas poly covers are available between 12mm to 19 mm thickness.
Also, plastic covers are available in limited colours, such as transparent, translucent and opaque.
Knowing these points, you can decide which thermal binding cover you’ll want to choose for your documents or files. When you decide on a particular cover, you can easily purchase it from bindingoutlet. They are an authorized seller of Renz binding covers and provide every variety of thermal binding covers.